4 men arrested for trespassing at NJ fire department

One of the men was also charged with theft after a firefighter's jacket was stolen

By FireRescue1 Staff

RAHWAY, N.J. — Police arrested four New Jersey men after they were caught on video trespassing at a fire station, during which a firefighter’s coat was stolen.

The incident occurred Friday morning while firefighters were responding to an emergency call, according to the Rahway Police Department. Surveillance footage shows four men in their early 20s entering the Rahway Fire Headquarters.

“The men arrogantly entered fire headquarters through an open door,” police said. “The suspects lingered in the bay area, and even pointed to the surveillance camera. They then rummaged through the offices and buildings and left before emergency personnel returned from the call.”

Fire Headquarters Burglary Suspects

*** Update*** Thank you for all of the shares and tips! As a result of your help, two of the four suspects have turned themselves in and are cooperating fully with our investigation. The initial report indicated that the suspects used the credit card to purchase gasoline. Further investigation revealed that this is not accurate. We are still in the process of investigating this incident, and hope to bring it to a complete resolution quickly. We appreciate your support and assistance. __________________________________ _____________________________________________________ We are asking the public's assistance in identifying these four men who entered the Rahway Fire Department's main headquarters while the crew was on an emergency call, and stole a firefighter's jacket. The jacket contained keys and a wallet containing cash and credit cards. Anyone with information is asked to call the Rahway Police TIPS line at 732/388-1553. #pleaseshare New Jersey 101.5 News 12 New Jersey NBC New York CBS New York FOX 5 / Fox5NY.com ABC7NY NJ.com

Posted by Rahway Police Department on Friday, November 29, 2019

Two of the men later went back to the fire department and attempted to return the stolen coat, which contained keys and a wallet, and were arrested, police said. The other two men then turned themselves late Friday night.

The men, Jonathan Kaye, Alexander Navarro-Gamboa, Nicholas Attanasio and Anthony Gallo, all 21, were charged with fourth-degree trespassing. Gallo was also charged with third-degree theft for the coat.

Recommended for you

Join the discussion

Copyright © 2020 firerescue1.com. All rights reserved.