Trending Topics

NH man electrocuted while hanging holiday lights

The man suffered from burns as a result of an electric shock

Associated Press

MERRIMACK, N.H. — Fire officials say a man has been hospitalized after he was electrocuted while hanging holiday lights on a tree in New Hampshire.

Firefighters responded to the Merrimack home on Tuesday afternoon for a report of an explosion in the area. They found the man suffering from burns as a result of an electric shock.

Authorities say he had been using a metal pole to put up decorations when it struck the primary power line, which carries about 20,000 volts of electricity. The man was thrown to the ground.

He was taken to a local hospital and then transferred to a Boston hospital for further treatment.

Amid the flames, first responders are working to rescue and evacuate stranded tourists and residents from the island of Maui
The faster information can get into the hands of decision makers, the increased potential for a successful outcome
Eight medals were awarded to firefighters for their teamwork and bravery during the November 2022 incident
“Every recoverable victim was saved,” Allen Fire Chief Jonathan Boyd said, highlighting the work by EMS crews