Va. firefighter hospitalized after gas leak
Residents in 11 homes were kept away for several hours because of the leak
NORFOLK, Va. — A Norfolk firefighter was taken to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital Saturday afternoon after a gas leak forced nearly a dozen homes to be evacuated.
Residents in 11 homes in the 3000 block of Verdun Ave. were kept away for several hours because of the leak.
By 4 p.m., the leak had been secured and residents were being allowed back into their homes, said Norfolk Fire-Rescue Battalion Chief Brian Nichols.
Nichols said he wasn’t told the nature of the firefighter’s injuries, but they were not considered life-threatening.
Copyright 2016 The Virginian-Pilot