Mass. firefighter shocked by live wires while battling blaze

A downed tree that had fallen onto nearby power lines caused the house fire


By FireRescue1 Staff

HAVERHILL, Mass. — A firefighter was hospitalized Thursday after being shocked by live wires while responding to a fire.

A downed tree that had fallen onto nearby power lines caused the fire, WHDH.com reported. An unnamed Haverhill fire lieutenant was taken to the hospital after being shocked while battling the fire.

"He got shocked pretty good," Deputy Chief Douglas Brown told CBS Boston. "He got knocked to the ground."

The lieutenant was treated and later released from the hospital.

Recommended for you

Join the discussion

Copyright © 2019 firerescue1.com. All rights reserved.