FEMA announces 2017 AFG application period
The FY 2017 AFG application period will open Dec. 26 and end on Feb. 2, 2018
By FireRescue1 Staff
WASHINGTON — FEMA announced the application period dates for the Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program for 2017.
According to the announcement, the FY 2017 AFG application period will begin Tuesday, Dec. 26 at 8 a.m. EST and end on Friday, Feb. 2, 2018 at 5 p.m. EST.
FEMA reminded applicants to review the Notice of Funding Opportunity before applying, and to utilize the following application assistance tools:
- Notice of funding opportunity: Contains the key programmatic updates and application requirements for all eligible applicants.
- The Get Ready Guide: Designed to give you a kick-start in preparing your application helps to better prepare you to thoroughly answer the application questions.
- The self-evaluation assistance sheets: Designed to help you understand the criteria that you must address in your Narrative Statement when applying for the Assistance to Firefighters Grants (AFG) Program. There are two sheets, one for operations and safety and one for vehicle acquisition.
- The application checklist: Helps you prepare your grant application. Collecting this information beforehand will reduce the time and energy needed to complete your application.
- The cost share calculator: Allows you to determine your organizations Local Cost Share for grants. It is important to familiarize yourself with FEMA’s administration of cost sharing requirements.