Texas fire dept. praises resident for limiting damage using extinguisher

The resident had extinguished the fire by the time firefighters arrived on scene

By Sarah Rafique
Lubbock Avalanche-Journal

LUBBOCK, Texas — A Lubbock resident used a fire extinguisher Thursday evening to put out a kitchen fire.

Several Lubbock Fire Rescue units responded to reports of a structure fire at 7:55 p.m. in the 5600 block of Amherst, according to information the department posted on Faceboock.

"Units arrived to find a kitchen fire that had been extinguished by the resident. The resident had an extinguisher on hand and was able to put the fire out quickly, limiting damage," the post states. "Damage was confined to the stove and surrounding cabinets with some additional smoke damage. Crews cleared the scene at 8:18 p.m. Kudos to the resident for having an extinguisher on hand and knowing how to use it."

Copyright 2016 the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal

Recommended for you

Join the discussion

Copyright © 2020 firerescue1.com. All rights reserved.