This content was provided by MagneGrip
Diesel exhaust emissions spread toxic gases and soot particles throughout a firehouse anytime a diesel-fueled engine is operated. Ultrafine particulate can penetrate deep into the lung and is absorbed through the skin, carrying toxins into the bloodstream. Exposure to this type of pollution greatly increases your risk for cancer, and respiratory and cardiovascular diseases.
The World Health Organization classifies diesel exhaust as “a known carcinogen.” Numerous studies have been coming to the same conclusion for years. Medical studies point to firefighters’ higher rates for several cancers and other debilitating diseases than the general public.
Get the Best Protection
Of the different types of exhaust removal and filtration, only one captures and removes 100% of harmful gases and particulate from your firehouse—that is a “source capture system that connects directly to the motor vehicle exhaust system.” (International Mechanical Code)
One of the most important innovations in exhaust removal design was developed by MagneGrip Group. Its patented nozzle uses rare-earth magnet assemblies to support the nozzle’s connection. This unique design provides an airtight seal, while also allowing ambient air to enter and cool the exhaust discharge.
Get the Right System
Today, MagneGrip systems are the first choice of U.S. fire departments—having been proven in thousands of installations nationwide.
MagneGrip has more exhaust removal solutions than any other company. This ensures that you will be getting the right system for the specific needs of your firehouse. And the systems are installed by a nationwide team of skilled service technicians for guaranteed satisfaction.
MagneGrip systems are easy to use. System operation is fully automatic and does not reduce response time. On emergency runs, the nozzle remains attached until it reaches the doorway. Then it automatically releases. The nozzle disconnects smoothly, and a cable gently retracts the hose and nozzle away from the exit.
Get the Newest Technology
MagneGrip continues to innovate and bring new enhancements to its exhaust removal systems:
- Wireless Transmitters that automatically start the exhaust fan before the engine starts and prior to the apparatus reentering the facility.
- Exhaust Fans designed solely for exhaust removal. Spark-resistant, curved blades that deliver the highest efficiency.
- Die-stamped Lifting Elbow that stabilizes the hose, and eliminates hose pinch, twisting and sliding, unlike old-style rubber saddles.
- Support Cable inside the hose that bears the nozzle’s weight to eliminate hose stretching. It also ensures easy release of the nozzle.
- Handle and 5-ply Lower Hose that makes connecting the system quick and easy from a standing position.
- Inline Particulate Filter in the system’s ductwork that captures exhaust particulates before exhausting the fumes outside.
Made in America
MagneGrip Exhaust Removal Systems are completely (100 percent) manufactured in the U.S.A. Competitive systems are often the products of foreign companies and are manufactured outside the U.S. MagneGrip uses American Standard parts (not metric). If adjustments or repairs are needed, most departments already have the tools on hand.
For more information, a free proposal, grant assistance and budgetary numbers, call 800-875-5440, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.magnegrip.com. A full-color brochure and a video DVD demonstrating the advantages of MagneGrip systems are available.
Need air cleaning filtration units in your firehouse? MagneGrip Group also manufactures AirHAWK Air Purification Systems.