On this episode of the Better Every Shift podcast, Zam and Janelle dig into three of the big stories of the month:
- Damar Hamlin’s medical emergency live on Monday Night Football – and the many “takes” that followed;
- Controversy over an Alabama firefighter whose tattoo and hair prompted complaints that ultimately led to her dismissal; and
- The touching story of the fallen FDNY firefighter whose organ donation saved multiple lives, including two retired FDNY members.
We also recognize Firefighter Cancer Awareness Month and offer simple tips for talking to your doctor about the unique health risks firefighters face on the job.
Resources we mentioned on the show
- Fallen FDNY firefighter donates organs to 5, including 2 retired firefighters
- Ala. firefighter fired for head tattoo, hairstyle violations
- Firefighter grooming standards: An evolving policy issue
- Fire, EMS agencies urge CPR training in wake of NFL player’s mid-game medical emergency
- Firefighter Cancer Support Network
- Provider’s Guide to Firefighter Medical Evaluations
Connect with us!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to share your feedback!
Enjoying the show? Please take a moment to rate and review us on Apple Podcasts.