Policies are the foundation for all operations in the fire service. From apparatus backing to anti-retaliation, policies set expectations, provide guidance, and protect firefighters and fire departments. This section highlights how fire department policies play out in the real world, while also connecting you with best practices for drafting, updating and ensuring accountability with policies.
- Calif. county suspends tribal FDs over refusal to sign mutual aid contract
- 2023: The year in fire photos
- A failure of imagination: The Our Lady of the Angels School tragedy
- Arbitrator orders embattled Ore. FD, union to renegotiate contract, wages
- Veteran Mo. FF files disability discrimination lawsuit