A mayday is the critical moment where the incident can go one of two ways – rescue or tragedy.
Key to avoiding tragic outcomes is mayday training, particularly for newer members with less muscle memory aligned with real-world fireground emergencies. But even seasoned firefighters can find themselves paralyzed with panic, unsure how to proceed.
This special series provides critical survival resources for all firefighters, from the newest recruit to the most seasoned veteran.
- A failure of imagination: The Our Lady of the Angels School tragedy
- Arbitrator orders embattled Ore. FD, union to renegotiate contract, wages
- Veteran Mo. FF files disability discrimination lawsuit
- New Orleans FFs call for training, equipment to fight swamp fires
- Texas firefighter dies while preparing to respond to call