4 hospitalized from carbon monoxide at candy factory

The cause of the leak has not been determined, but firefighters suspect malfunctioning equipment

The Associated Press

MEDFORD, Ore. — A carbon monoxide leak at an Oregon candy factory has sent four people to the hospital and sickened four others.

The Medford Mail Tribune reports that 11 workers were inside Pete's Gourmet Confections on Wednesday when the leak happened.

Medford Fire-Rescue Chief Brian Fish says the cause of the leak has not been determined, but firefighters suspect malfunctioning equipment.

Fish says no one was seriously injured, but paramedics monitored gas levels in the workers' blood. Those hospitalized needed oxygen therapy.

Workers at Pete's Gourmet Confections make marshmallows and other sweets.

Recommended for you

Join the discussion

Copyright © 2021 FireRescue1. All rights reserved.