Video: Propane tank explodes as Mich. firefighter approaches scene
Footage released by the Plainview Township Fire Department shows a firefighter approaching the home when the tank ignites
By Jessie Forand
PLAINFIELD TOWNSHIP, Mich. — A firefighter responding to a garage fire in Plainview Township, Mich., on Sunday had a close call when a propane tank exploded.
Video footage released by the Plainfield Township Fire Department district chief earlier this week shows the firefighter approaching the fire when the tank explodes (at about 2:45 time stamp in video), sending the firefighter back toward the apparatus.
The fire ultimately spread from the garage to the rest of the house, located in a neighborhood north of Grand Rapids.
Fox 2 Detroit reported that a newspaper delivery person saw the fire and alerted the family, enabling them to escape.