HFSC will award $500 stipends to 30 U.S. fire departments for Home Fire Sprinkler Outreach
The deadline to apply is February 21, 2022.
FRANKFORT, IL – The Home Fire Sprinkler Coalition (HFSC) will award stipends to 30 qualifying fire departments that demonstrate a plan to conduct community outreach during home Fire Sprinkler Week 2022.
The stipends, funded through a grant from State Farm Insurance, are being rolled out ahead of Home Fire Sprinkler Week, which will take place across North America May 15-21, 2022. Co-Sponsored by HFSC and the NFPA Fire Sprinkler Initiative, the week emphasizes the dangers of home fires to residents and firefighters and promotes the importance of building new homes with automatic fire sprinklers.
The stipends will help fire departments of any size or type conduct educational programs that may include:
- Produce an educational banner or canopy tent with your logo.
- Purchase a TV monitor to play HFSC’s new Virtual Reality video or other HFSC educational videos.
- Create a video using your smartphone showing the benefits of home fire sprinklers and post to social media or your website.
- Boost social media posts. Share HFSC’s new Virtual Reality video, other HFSC educational videos and social media cards.
- Build a Home Fire Sprinkler 13D Display which includes a riser pack donated by AGF Manufacturing. HFSC's Display Guide provides all the information you need to build it.
To qualify, applicants must be current members of the free Built for Life Fire Department Program (BFLFD). They will also be required to describe their plan to use and evaluate their awards. Join the BFLFD program and apply for a stipend here: 2022 HFSC Stipend Program. The deadline to apply is February 21, 2022.
Now in its fifth year, Home Fire Sprinkler Week has become popular with fire departments in the US and Canada and HFSC anticipates widespread participation again in 2022.
Learn more about Home Fire Sprinkler Week and follow HFSC activities on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/HFSCorg
About the Home Fire Sprinkler Coalition (HFSC)
For 26 years, HFSC has developed and provided comprehensive, non-commercial, educational resources that highlight the life safety benefits of protecting homes with fire sprinklers. HFSC’s mission is solely educational and its materials are available to everyone at no cost through HFSC’s website.