7 knots you need to learn for NFPA 1001 skill sheet
Here is a compilation of video tutorials to help you learn the knots for NFPA 1001 skill set.
By FireRescue1 Staff
NFPA 1001 requires firefighters to complete the following task. Tie each of these seven knots: Bowline knot, clove hitch, figure of eight on a bight, half hitch, becket/sheet bend, overhand safety knot and water knot, while operating on a simulated fire ground. Candidates are given appropriate and adequate rope to complete the task.
Refer to the following videos for a tutorial on how to tie each of the knots.
1. How to tie a bowline knot
2. How to tie the clove hitch knot
3. How to for the figure eight on a bight
4. How to tie a half hitch
5. How to form the becket or sheet bend
6. How to tie the overhand safety knot
7. How to tie a water knot
Learn more about NFPA codes and standards here.