On-Demand: Energy exposures: Simple steps for residential solar panel, ESS fire attack
Captain Richard Birt shares a bread-and-butter approach to mitigating residential structure fires involving solar panel and energy storage systems
- Topic: Simple steps for residential solar panel, ESS fire attack
- Presenter: Captain Richard Birt, Founder, Solar And Fire Education, (S.A.F.E.)
- Host: Fire Chief Marc Bashoor, FireRescue1 executive editor
Basic firefighter strategies and tactics needed to mitigate a residential structure fire have changed with the installation of thousands of solar panel and energy storage systems (ESS) in homes across the United States. As such, firefighters need updated training that addresses the presence of this technology.
Captain Richard Birt shares a bread-and-butter approach to mitigating residential single- and multi-family structure fires involving solar panel and ESS, detailing:
- Residential solar and battery storage equipment fundamentals
- Industry-standard installation procedures
- Suppression and ventilation tactics
- How to design an incident action plan to safely respond to these technologies
Don’t miss this great opportunity to ask an expert your pressing solar fire attack questions.
Meet the presenter
Captain Richard Birt retired at the end of 2020 as a firefighter-captain for Las Vegas Fire and Rescue. He now focuses on the educational platform he founded, Solar And Fire Education, (S.A.F.E.), which provides free training for firefighters on how to safely mitigate a fire incident involving solar and battery storage systems.