The mental health resource page features the latest news and original content focused on mental and behavioral health, particularly post-traumatic stress disorder (PSTD) post-traumatic stress injury (PTSI) and other wellness issues connected to the sometimes difficult or traumatic nature of first responder calls. Firefighters share their stories of overcoming PTSD and depression, and offer insights for how fellow members can seek help to manage those calls that “stick.” Further, firefighters and researchers offer guidance to firefighters via podcasts and expert analysis, covering topics like how to manage both on- and off-duty issues. For more information about mental health topics, sign up for the FireRescue1 Safety & Health newsletter.
- Staffing challenges: The least satisfying part of the job
- Volunteer status at center of Wash. FFs’ fight for brain cancer coverage
- Calif. council approves funding to increase fire engine staffing
- Pa. FFs battle 3-alarm fire in converted Victorian home
- N.Y. bill places additional fire safety requirements on e-bike shops