The mental health resource page features the latest news and original content focused on mental and behavioral health, particularly post-traumatic stress disorder (PSTD) post-traumatic stress injury (PTSI) and other wellness issues connected to the sometimes difficult or traumatic nature of first responder calls. Firefighters share their stories of overcoming PTSD and depression, and offer insights for how fellow members can seek help to manage those calls that “stick.” Further, firefighters and researchers offer guidance to firefighters via podcasts and expert analysis, covering topics like how to manage both on- and off-duty issues. For more information about mental health topics, sign up for the FireRescue1 Safety & Health newsletter.
- Calif. county suspends tribal FDs over refusal to sign mutual aid contract
- 2023: The year in fire photos
- A failure of imagination: The Our Lady of the Angels School tragedy
- Arbitrator orders embattled Ore. FD, union to renegotiate contract, wages
- Veteran Mo. FF files disability discrimination lawsuit