Firefighter couple dies from carbon monoxide poisoning at Colo. home

Central City Fire Department Lt. Cody Allen and Firefighter Shelby Allen were found dead at their residence on Friday morning


By Laura French

CENTRAL CITY, Colo. —  A Colorado husband and wife, both firefighters, died due to accidental carbon monoxide poisoning on Friday, police say. 

Central City Fire Department Lt. Cody Allen, 29, and Firefighter Shelby Allen, 27, were found dead at their home on Friday morning, according to 9 News

Cody Allen joined the Central City Fire Department in 2009 as a volunteer and was recently hired as a lieutenant, and Shelby Allen was a volunteer firefighter at the department since 2016. The couple had been married for two years. 

"Our hearts and prayers are with the Allen Family, Central City Fire Department Family, and our community at this devastating time," the Gilpin County Sheriff's Office said in a statement. 

 

Gilpin County and Central City mourn the passing of two local Fire Fighters It is with distraught and broken hearts...

Posted by Gilpin County Sheriff's Office on Friday, December 11, 2020

 

Recommended for you

Join the discussion

Copyright © 2021 FireRescue1. All rights reserved.