The death of a firefighters is a tragic event, not only for the firefighters’ family and friends but also their fire service family. The FireRescue1 Firefighter death information and resources page shares news about firefighter line-of-duty deaths (LODDs), off-duty deaths, memorials and remembrance events, and how the fire service can honor its fallen brothers and sisters. Firefighters share stories of fallen members and offer insights about how to reduce the number of LODDs in the future. FireRescue1 also compiles an annual video tribute to the firefighters who died in the line of duty.
- FirefighterCloseCalls.com marks 25-year anniversary with commemorative T-shirts
- Union: FDNY reduces number of FFs on 20 trucks due to budget cuts
- 2 people found dead after 3 Calif. homes catch fire, igniting cache of ammunition
- If you see something, say something – but then what?
- Ohio FF falls through floor, lands on FF below during house fire