Minn. volunteer FF rescues 2 from house fire on way to work
Firefighter Ryan Linn stopped as he was driving to work and helped two men escape the burning residence
By FireRescue1 Staff
RICE LAKE, Minn. — A Minnesota volunteer firefighter driving to work noticed a house on fire and stepped in to rescue two people from the blaze.
Firefighter Ryan Linn, who volunteers for Normanna Township, pulled one man from inside the doorway of the home, then entered the residence and carried a second man, a double leg amputee, to safety, according to a St. Louis County Sheriff’s Office news release.
“Linn’s bravery and quick actions undoubtedly saved the lives of one if not both of the men that were still in the residence when he stopped,” the news release stated.
The two residents and Linn were transported to hospitals and treated for smoke inhalation.
The sheriff’s office said portable propane heaters, which are not intended for indoor use, are the likely cause of the fire.