Carbon monoxide in home sickens 4 officers, 8 others

Firefighters responded to the scene and found people on the lawn outside the house

Associated Press

MOUNT OLIVE, N.J. — Authorities say 12 people, including four police officers, were sickened by carbon monoxide in a home in New Jersey.

Firefighters responded to the scene about 7:30 p.m. Monday to find people on the lawn outside the house in Mount Olive.

Tyler Wargo, a Flanders fire chief, says sensors detected carbon monoxide of about 1,600 ppm in the home. Five people were taken to a New York hospital.

Wargo says he couldn't comment on the cause, but officials have narrowed it down to something in the home.

Recommended for you

Join the discussion

Copyright © 2023 FireRescue1. All rights reserved.