Firefighters determine hawk carrying snake started wildfire
The firefighters said a hawk clipped a power line on its way back up from catching dinner
By FireRescue1 Staff
GREAT FALLS, Mont. — Firefighters determined the cause of a wildfire was a hawk who had just caught a snake.
WTHR reported that the Black Eagle Volunteer Fire Department traced the cause of a 40-acre grass fire to a hawk who had swooped down to grab a snake and clipped a power line on its way back up.
The snake and the hawk were both electrocuted and sparks fell to the ground, causing the fire.
The fire was extinguished and no one was injured.