13 firefighters hospitalized after battling garage fire

One of the garages contained chlorine that emitted toxic gas when it burned causing several firefighters to suffer respiratory injuries


NJ.com

HAMILTON, N.J. — Thirteen firefighters were taken to area hospitals for treatment Wednesday after fighting a garage fire in Hamilton that contained chlorine, fire officials said.

The 2:45 p.m. fire ripped through two large garages in the 2000 block of South Broad Street, gutting the buildings and at destroying two vehicles parked inside one of the garages, firefighters and witnesses said.

One of the garages contained a container of chlorine, the kind used in backyard pools, and when it burned it caused a gas that caused several firefighters to suffer respiratory injuries, fire officials said.

Full story: 13 firefighters hospitalized after fighting fire in Hamilton garage containing chlorine

Request product info from top Personal Protective Equipment - PPE companies

Thank You!

By submitting your information, you agree to be contacted by the selected vendor(s) and that the data you submit is exempt from Do Not Sell My Personal Information requests. View our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Join the discussion

Copyright © 2021 FireRescue1. All rights reserved.