Clinton smoke detector project aims to protect children in memory of family
Clinton Fire Department
On Friday, January 22, a house fire tragically took four lives of a Clinton family. Two of the family members were young children, Patrick Molitor, age 3, and his brother, Tyler Wade, age 6.
In an effort to make every home safe for children, the Clinton Fire Department and the Clinton PTA's have joined together to prevent further such tragedies. Our goal is to raise $50,000 through donations and fund-raising activities; the proceeds of which will be used to purchase and install 3,000 tamper-free, long-life smoke detectors.
What makes this project unique is that our plan is to use a variety of community groups, including the Clinton Fire Department, to install the smoke detectors into the homes of all elementary-age students living in Clinton. The smoke detectors will be installed with special screws that cannot be reversed with regular screw drivers. The smoke detectors also come as a self-contained unit with a sealed ten-year lithium battery.
All donations are tax deductable. Checks should be made out to Clinton Fire Department; write Clinton Smoke Detector Project in the memo line. Donations may be dropped off at City Hall, Central Fire Station, or Bluff Elementary.
Thank you in advance for your consideration in donating to this very worthwhile cause. Working together, we can create safe homes for our children. For further information, please call Bluff Elementary School at 242-1606.
- Fire Prevention