It is crucial that firefighters maintain their physical fitness as part of their job. The FireRescue1 fitness topic encompasses everything from exercise safety, to Aaron Zamzow’s fitness column for tips on how to make your training work for you, to a video from Gordon Graham on the importance of getting regular physicals. In addition, we also include content that details nutrition and health considerations, and how the focus on firefighter fitness has evolved over the years.
- What do the NFPA 1582 physical fitness requirements say?
- The ultimate exercise playlist: Top 50 workout songs to keep you motivated
- 3 first responder nutrition questions: Answered by experts
- Introducing the Resilient 50: Your back-to-basics health routine
- RIT training: Focus on simplicity and speed over complexity and gadgets