Trending Topics

Video: Firefighters rescue boy who gets head stuck in balcony

Emergency crews had to use hydraulic spreading pliers to free the child

HEZHANG COUNTY, China — A boy gave firefighters in China a headache on Sunday, when he got his head trapped inside an opening in a stone balcony.

Crews used hydraulic spreading pliers to free the youngster as crowds gathered to watch the rescue.

The boy, who was unharmed, was then escorted in tears to his grateful grandmother.

Fire involving li-ion batteries blocked the doorway of the second-floor apartment in Brooklyn
Emergency services organizations are struggling to meet the escalating needs for medical supplies, equipment and vehicles
One patient in the New Bedford pier collapse was transported to St. Luke’s Emergency Department by rescue boat
Santa Monica firefighters are seen rescuing riders from a Ferris wheel during a standoff