Personal stories from September 11, 2001
There are no words, even images, that can fully capture the devastation of September 11, 2001. For those of us who were not on the scene that day, we can only imagine what it must have been like for first responders to face 16 acres of horror at Ground Zero, to see a symbol of America’s military on fire, and to descend upon a Pennsylvania field covered in pieces of an airliner. Those who did face these unimaginable scenes have graciously shared their unique insights. It is through their eyes that we reflect on the 20th anniversary of September 11, 2001.
- FirefighterCloseCalls.com marks 25-year anniversary with commemorative T-shirts
- Union: FDNY reduces number of FFs on 20 trucks due to budget cuts
- Tragedies, mishaps and close calls: 25 years of preventing LODDs through The Secret List
- 2 people found dead after 3 Calif. homes catch fire, igniting cache of ammunition
- If you see something, say something – but then what?