Jan. 6 U.S. Capitol Insurrection
The Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection was an attack on the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C., to disrupt the joint session of Congress that had assembled to count electoral votes that would make official the presidential election victory of Joe Biden over Donald Trump. Pro-Trump protestors breached the U.S. Capitol and occupied the building for several hours after lawmakers and staff evacuated the premises. Five people died in incidents related to the insurrection.
DC Fire & EMS produced a video documenting the fire and EMS response to the event.
- 2 people found dead after 3 Calif. homes catch fire, igniting cache of ammunition
- If you see something, say something – but then what?
- Ohio FF falls through floor, lands on FF below during house fire
- 6 Md. firefighters injured when fire truck overturns
- Conn. firefighters adopt kitten rescued from blaze