Trending Topics

Carbon Monoxide

The carbon monoxide topic brings together a range of resources and articles on CO. Use this page to learn more about the hazards involved for firefighters and the steps that can be taken to reduce risks for crews and the public.

Jaziyah Parker noticed her mom was “acting weird” so she called 911
Multiple ambulance strike teams are transporting patients to alternative facilities in the area
North Park Fire member Brian “Tater” Rehnberg “was truly a blessed soul with a big heart,” North Park Fire Chief Joel Hallstrom said
Buffalo’s fire commissioner reports several calls about CO issues; Carthage firefighters trudge through waist-deep snow
Brian Harbaugh said he went to pick up paperwork Sunday, exited the building fast and called for NorthStar EMS to help him; he quit on Monday
Firefighters found “extremely high” levels of the lethal gas inside the building, said Kansas City Assistant Fire Chief Jimmy Walker
“Thank your nurses and thank your EMS workers and firefighters because they made all this possible,” said Dr. Chase Jones
Officials declared a mass casualty incident, bringing every ambulance in Allentown and more from surrounding municipalities
The week-long NFPA-sponsored event will take place Oct. 3-9, focusing on educating children and adults about smoke and carbon monoxide alarms
An action plan for first responders outlines the appropriate training and skill levels needed to operate portable gas meters
Know the common sources and symptoms, immediate treatment options, and how to prevent CO poisoning
About 150 firefighters conducted an extensive search to ensure the safety of residents after the blast
Toxicologist Jerry Snow, MD, joins our hosts to discuss the common symptoms and what leads to misdiagnosis in carbon monoxide poisoning
Firefighters, EMTs and paramedics across the country brave freezing temperatures, face record call volumes and remind community members to stay safe in the cold
The Gary Fire Department expects to benefit 100 to 150 households using funds awarded by the Northern Indiana Public Service Company