The fire-based EMS topic deals with the range of issues facing EMTs and paramedics in the fire service. Use this page to find news and tips on survivability, ambulance safety, emergency medical response and fireground medical operations. Check out unique fire-based EMS systems throughout the country, how departments can adapt to changes in agency structure that involve EMS, solutions for common challenges, and more. And visit EMS1.com for more EMS news and tips.
- 2 Minn. police officers, 1 medic killed during domestic call identified
- Fla. county fires 3 firefighters over 112-minute ambulance response
- Why so many firefighters don’t become paramedics
- If you see something, say something – but then what?
- Giving back: 18 first responder charities and organizations