The death of a firefighters is a tragic event, not only for the firefighters’ family and friends but also their fire service family. The FireRescue1 Fallen Firefighters information and resources page shares news about firefighter line-of-duty deaths (LODDs), off-duty deaths, memorials and remembrance events, and how the fire service can honor its fallen brothers and sisters. Firefighters share stories of fallen members and offer insights about how to reduce the number of LODDs in the future. FireRescue1 also compiles an annual video tribute to the firefighters who died in the line of duty.
- Hawaii agencies subpoenaed for failing to meet wildfire investigation timelines
- Reinvent or refocus? How fire service leaders should direct their energy
- A firefighter’s greatest fear – and 4 ways to tame it
- Interim Calif. fire chief sends letter highlighting frustrations over funding, staffing, missed calls
- Ind. division chief files gender discrimination lawsuit over fire investigations