The riots topic presents lessons learned from major protests, like the Ferguson riots in 2014, and the violence after the death of George Floyd in 2020. Firefighter training centering on safety can help first responders prepare for responding to violence during riots. Get insight into training for responding to mass gatherings as well increased focus on contingency planning for fire/EMS facility and apparatus security, and safety considerations for responding to protests and the fires sometimes generated during escalating conditions.
- Pa. volunteer firefighter expected to plead guilty to role in Capitol riot
- DC Fire and EMS Department shares reflections on 1/6 anniversary
- The First Amendment and social media: What firefighters need to know
- Should firefighters be provided body armor for responses?
- Firefighters & Civil Unrest: ‘Firefighters fight fires, not people’