The protests topic provides an opportunity for fire service training in responding to mass gatherings as well increased focus on contingency planning for fire/EMS facility and apparatus security, and safety considerations for responding to protests and the fires sometimes generated during escalating conditions. Follow breaking news about protest and riot events, including the Minneapolis protests sparked by the death of George Floyd, protests in Baltimore after the Freddie Gray case, the unrest in Ferguson, Missouri, after the Michael Brown case, and protests in New York after the Eric Garner case.
- 12 remarkable saves from 2023
- Watch: Va. house explodes as police try to serve search warrant
- Video: Texas firefighters rescue driver trapped in box truck dangling off side of bridge
- Union: Kan. dispatchers didn’t relay GPS coordinates of trapped victim to FFs
- Top 20 stats from the What Firefighters Want in 2023 survey