The protests topic provides an opportunity for fire service training in responding to mass gatherings as well increased focus on contingency planning for fire/EMS facility and apparatus security, and safety considerations for responding to protests and the fires sometimes generated during escalating conditions. Follow breaking news about protest and riot events, including the Minneapolis protests sparked by the death of George Floyd, protests in Baltimore after the Freddie Gray case, the unrest in Ferguson, Missouri, after the Michael Brown case, and protests in New York after the Eric Garner case.
- Protecting the People’s House: How DC Fire & EMS helps keep the White House safe
- Your MCI playbook: Simple tools to prepare for the big day
- Ind. city 911 center funding leads to protest march by library supporters
- Calif. first responders, supporters raise alarms over ALS proposal
- Firefighters respond to Greenpeace protest in Houston