The disaster management resource page covers a range of news and information on how fire departments respond to major disasters. Features tackle topics like how to lead during times of crisis, incident communications and interoperability, preparation for active shooter events, and response efforts to natural disasters, such as earthquakes, tornados, hurricanes and other significant weather events. Use this page to find resources, articles and tips to help aid your department in responding to disasters, as well as details on FEMA and USAR responses to recent incidents.
- Erasing stereotypes in the firehouse with allyship and ally support
- Firefighters at Ore. department demand better working conditions
- Top 20 stats from the What Firefighters Want in 2023 survey
- Beyond cats in a tree: 13 incredible animal rescues in 2023
- 2 Chicago police officers seriously injured after porch collapses during house fire