FireRescue1’s apparatus resource center features the latest news and information related to fire apparatus and equipment. From major headlines like the eight firefighters injured in a double-apparatus crash to videos highlighting the dangers of the road, FireRescue1 offers a wealth of information that firefighters can use to enhance educational opportunities with the crew, whether around the kitchen table or during formal training evolutions. Firefighters can learn valuable safety information, like how to be secure in the bucket; engineers and mechanics can learn how to maintain air brakes and be a great pump operator; and fire service leaders can learn how to implement an effective driving program. There’s also valuable information for apparatus purchasing committees, like what to ask apparatus vendors at trade shows or how to start the apparatus procurement process. Sign up for the Apparatus newsletter here for additional information.
- FirefighterCloseCalls.com marks 25-year anniversary with commemorative T-shirts
- Union: FDNY reduces number of FFs on 20 trucks due to budget cuts
- Tragedies, mishaps and close calls: 25 years of preventing LODDs through The Secret List
- 2 people found dead after 3 Calif. homes catch fire, igniting cache of ammunition
- If you see something, say something – but then what?