Taking place each year during the third full week of June, the Safety Stand Down highlights critical safety, health, and survival issues for fire and emergency services personnel. Departments are encouraged to suspend all non-emergency activities during the week to focus their attention on safety and health education efforts. A week is provided to ensure that all duty shifts can participate. The Stand Down is sponsored by the IAFC Safety, Health and Survival Section, the NVFC and the NFPA.
- A failure of imagination: The Our Lady of the Angels School tragedy
- Arbitrator orders embattled Ore. FD, union to renegotiate contract, wages
- Veteran Mo. FF files disability discrimination lawsuit
- New Orleans FFs call for training, equipment to fight swamp fires
- Texas firefighter dies while preparing to respond to call