National First Responders Day
Congress designated Oct. 28 as National First Responders Day in 2017. The day honors the firefighters, police officers, paramedics, EMTs and 911 operators who answer the call when a crisis arises, often putting their own lives on the line. Serving as a national day of gratitude, National First Responders Day pays tribute to their services to their communities and honors fallen first responders. National First Responders Day is also a call for action to support first responders.
- FirefighterCloseCalls.com marks 25-year anniversary with commemorative T-shirts
- Union: FDNY reduces number of FFs on 20 trucks due to budget cuts
- Tragedies, mishaps and close calls: 25 years of preventing LODDs through The Secret List
- 2 people found dead after 3 Calif. homes catch fire, igniting cache of ammunition
- If you see something, say something – but then what?