Many charities and nonprofit organizations support the fire service – and firefighters and non-firefighters alike can offer their support through donations or volunteerism. Support can be shared directly to local fire departments, fire department foundations and reputable national charities. Additionally, many firefighters offer their support to those in need, underscoring their reputation as humble public servants. This resource page shares important news about the charities that support the fire service as well as information about how to make donations and avoid scams.
- First Responder Bowl: The post-season college football game that honors first responders
- Delightful holiday videos from FDs and EMS agencies
- Service Credit Union pledges to donate $200,000 to first responders in campaign with Boston Bruins’ defender
- The fire service is a family affair
- Nonprofit uses Times Square billboard for 9/11 charity fundraising