Five generations of firefighters currently work in the American fire service. Naturally, generational differences is one of the most heavily discussed topics in recent years, as fire service leaders and followers alike seek information and tools for how to best interact with each other as a cohesive unit. The FireRescue1 Generational Differences resource page offers a variety of news, podcasts and expert analysis that can help older generations learn how best to communicate with tech-savvy younger members, while also helping the young members learn how to share newer technologies or tactics with confidence. Don’t miss these highlights: Are millennials really the problem?; Managing ‘OK boomer’ at the fire station; and How to deal with an 8-second attention span.
- FirefighterCloseCalls.com marks 25-year anniversary with commemorative T-shirts
- Union: FDNY reduces number of FFs on 20 trucks due to budget cuts
- Tragedies, mishaps and close calls: 25 years of preventing LODDs through The Secret List
- 2 people found dead after 3 Calif. homes catch fire, igniting cache of ammunition
- If you see something, say something – but then what?