Ethics are the moral principles that govern a firefighter’s behavior in service to their profession, department and community.
The Firefighter Code of Ethics, developed by the National Society of Executive Fire Officers, establishes the criteria that encourage firefighters to follow “a culture of ethical integrity and high standards of professionalism.”
The firefighter and fire chief ethics topic contains news, tips and expert-written articles on the importance of understanding ethics, acting ethically as a firefighter, ethical decision-making, the consequences of unethical decisions and actions, and how to lead in an ethical manner.
- Erasing stereotypes in the firehouse with allyship and ally support
- Firefighters at Ore. department demand better working conditions
- Top 20 stats from the What Firefighters Want in 2023 survey
- Beyond cats in a tree: 13 incredible animal rescues in 2023
- 2 Chicago police officers seriously injured after porch collapses during house fire