Ethics are the moral principles that govern a firefighter’s behavior in service to their profession, department and community.
The Firefighter Code of Ethics, developed by the National Society of Executive Fire Officers, establishes the criteria that encourage firefighters to follow “a culture of ethical integrity and high standards of professionalism.”
The firefighter and fire chief ethics topic contains news, tips and expert-written articles on the importance of understanding ethics, acting ethically as a firefighter, ethical decision-making, the consequences of unethical decisions and actions, and how to lead in an ethical manner.
- IAFC president issues statement on Colo. medics’ conviction in death of Elijah McClain
- Mont. fire chief charged for spraying chemical agent at officers in Jan. 6 riot
- ‘I solemnly swear to serve … well, actually, it depends’
- ‘Professional presence’: Regaining trust and confidence in the fire service
- Transparent truth: 7 Leadership traits for honest guidance