The fire attack topic is all about fireground operations, from how firefighters assess and approach a working fire to the high-level command strategies to effectively manage the scene and the tactics they use to knock it down. Use this page to find tips on fire attack training, hoseline deployment and suppression operations for different structure types, plus the latest fire attack-focused research. News coverage highlights where fire attack operations are used in a variety of incidents, from the bread-and-butter single-family dwelling fire to a massive commercial fire.
- Calif. county suspends tribal FDs over refusal to sign mutual aid contract
- A failure of imagination: The Our Lady of the Angels School tragedy
- Arbitrator orders embattled Ore. FD, union to renegotiate contract, wages
- Veteran Mo. FF files disability discrimination lawsuit
- New Orleans FFs call for training, equipment to fight swamp fires