The fire service is a tough industry, fueling countless emotions in the fire and rescue personnel who step up to protect their communities. FireRescue1 Voices is a place where firefighters across the country can speak up, tell their stories about difficult calls and voice their opinions about everything from what it takes to be a volunteer to the value of trade skills. If you want to share your story with the FireRescue1 community, please review our submission guidelines and email email@example.com.
- ‘I could hear trusses failing’: The incident that truly humbled me
- ‘I am your local volunteer firefighter’
- ‘The question asked in many fire department interviews happened to my family on our darkest day’
- The real reason firefighters quit: A lack of respect
- ‘And that’s OK’: Not all volunteers want to operate like FDNY